Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KTM Rider

B883-001

3 posts in this topic

I'm having a problem with this module. In traffic cop the module will occasionally flash "configuration module unhealthy" or something very similar to this. As the module has been working with the existing code for some time I dont think it is the code. My question is: can this module be removed and inserted with the rack powered up? Also, this is in a remote I/O rack and the "ourbus error" light is flashing Thanks for any help

Sounds like it's losing communication to the host CPU. I can't think of anywhere online to still find manuals for these long obsolete models. After not touching these old 984 units in nearly 10 years myself, my first thought would be to replace it with something current. But that's just me, supporting that old legacy stuff is a chore. There are ways to hang the old I/O from a Quantum, or you could replace the whole system with something more current.

This module can be removed under power without any hardware damage to it or the other items in the rack. I do not recommend doing that as the transfer of the register info to and from the cpu will be unpredictible and the results may affect your application adversly. It sounds as though the module is failing intermittently. On the remote I/O interface, is the Ourbus light flashing a regularly spaced error pattern? Or is it flashing intermittently? Does the Ourbus light light coming on coniside with the loos of comm to the B883? Basically the Ourbus light indicates that the interface cannot communicate with one (or more) cards in the rack that are traffic copped.