Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Automatoes

Panelbuilder x Controllogix

9 posts in this topic

Houston, we have a problem!! I have to configure a PV1000Color on Panel builder, to comunicate with a controllogix, but I dont know how!! I already configure the IHM on the Controllogix tree, and configure the comm at IHM, its requesting a "path" when I try to put the Controllogix 5000 as node type, and I cant understand perfectly the concept abou symbolic.xx that I've saw at help, with this symbolic.xx how can I define what is in and outs?! Can anyone post an example?! Tks and sry about the poor english. Best regards untitled.bmp Edited by Automatoes

The "Path" is the CIP Path, which consists of pairs of numbers: (Port, Address). These are usually separated by spaces. In the case of PanelBuilder32, it allows you to specify the IP address of the ControlLogix network interface, so that's the first Port and Address. You need to provide is the backplane Port number and the Slot address number that contains the ControlLogix CPU. If the ControlLogix is in Slot 0, the path is " 1 0". If the ControlLogix is in Slot 2, the path is "1 2". Remember to put a space between the numbers. From the Help file (press F1 on that screen)

Just want to add link to RA knowledge base who explain what Ken say: http://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17667/kw/contrologix

Well, I have made some advances, but it still doesn't works, let's see. Controllogix: The IHM already are on the 1756-EN2T scanner, and the instances are configurated to AI1:X to IHM_REFRIGERACAO:I.Data[X] and AO1:X to IHM_REFRIGERACAO:O.Data[X]. IHM: Already configurated to Eth comm, set the node adress with the PLC adress and the path as 1 0, cause the CPU are at slot 0 and node type as Controllogix 5000. As I wasn't getting status from PLC, I performed a test, throw all available values to the IHM with they respective numbers, for example, throw 0 to IHM_REFRIGERACAO:O.Data[0] until 111 to IHM_REFRIGERACAO:O.Data[111] and I would read 0 at IHM on the AO1:0 until 111 on AO1:111, but, for my surprise, the data was all missed up, what's happening?! I'm sending some SS from the configuration a picture from the result. Best regards, Automatoes

The PanelView has two different ways of communicating with the ControlLogix; as an I/O module, or by reading and writing individual Tags. Most of your screenshots illustrate the I/O module (the EtherNet/IP Assembly). I believe that both mechanisms can be used at the same time. It looks like there might be a data type mismatch going on, where a DINT and an INT get mixed up. Can you post the *.ACD file and the *.PBA file, instead of screen shots ? It would be a lot easier to investigate the configuration with all the information. Edited by Ken Roach

I see what's going on. The PanelBuilder32 addresses for the Assembly Object are 16-bit, while the addresses you are using in RSLogix 5000 are 32-bit. If you set it up like this it would work: Con0 AO1:0 Con1 AO1:2 Con2 AO1:4 Con3 AO1:6 Con4 AO1:8 Con5 AO1:10 Alternatively, you could reconfigure the PanelView I/O object (you will have to delete, then re-create) in RSLogix 5000 so that it uses a Data connection composed of INT (16-bit) assembly members to match the PanelBuilder numbering. Edited by Ken Roach
1 person likes this

Now it works... Fun, that would work with DINT didnt?" Since I had configured words as DINT on the PanelBuilder too...well... Tks, Automatoes

WELCOME to the club. Controllogix DINT-INT has bit almost all of us at one time or another. Thank you RA.