Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Geir

.cdm file trouble

4 posts in this topic

Hi, sometimes my students and I have trouble getting the .cdm file to work. We are linking the point in the symbols list to the CX-serverfile, and it is saved with the project. Then, when we try to open the same .cdm file in the import PLC Points dialogue in CX-Supervisor, we get the message "Could not open cdm file". Somehow the files seem to become corrupt, but there is some content when I look at them in Notepad. Once this has happened, it will not open in CX-programmer either. Sometimes it helps to create a new serverfile in CX-programmer. The filename is in 8.3 format, no special characters. We use CX-one 4.1 and CX-Supervisor V3.0 Educational. Anybody knows what happens to these files, and how we can avoid it? Geir

Hi Geir, No other comments yet so here's my 2 cents... It sounds like a good plan and I've done similar. I've occasionally had problems too, so started closing CX-Programmer before starting the 'Import' function. For me this seems to work so worth a try... Regards, BB.

Thank you, will try that from now :)

Have just upgraded to 3.22 Educational and was hoping this cdm import problem had been solved. The few times I have tried the import, part of CX-Supervisor crashed. At the time I was importing a cdm file from one CX-Supervisor project to another. The one successful attempt I renamed the import file to the current project name, started Supervisor again, and was able to import. I still don't know if this was a coincidence or a usable workaround :( Anyway, I had to take the cdm import out of the HMI exercise for my students, too much work when 10 of 15 have problems.... Geir