Patty2001

Kinetix 6000 AM E75 error

7 posts in this topic

Hi all, I have a problem with kinetix 6000 problem, when we first time power up (without any load connected) and experience E75 error (overvoltage). I try to read Kinetix 6000 user manual but not much information provided. Anyone knows how to solve this problem? Please advise. Thank you very much. Patty

Puede ser polvo o humedad en el bus del chasis, se recomienda bajar el drive y sopletear el backplane. En una ocasión los drives no pasaban de 2 y se hizo limpieza y ya todo ok

Google for Kinetix 6000 Error List, search the file for E75

http://www.cednebtrc.com/ftp_bbernier/Kinetix%206000%20Troubleshooting_rev1.pdf

IAM/AM module, or shunt module, related.  Fix...use a properly-sized shunt or modify the duty cycle.  Since it is faulting on startup, it could be the fault was generated on shutdown.  How are you shutting down the machine?  Possibly you need to E-stop, allow the power section to bleed down (15-30 sec), then power off the machine.

Intermittent high bus voltage faults when not in motion can also be poor grounding.  I have seen this a lot on variable frequency drives.  On the Kinetix platform, faults are cleared when powered down.

Good point, drforsythe.  The fault occurrence must be during machine power-up.  Pull out the electrical schematic package and look for the largest load.  Possibly there is a surge on power-up that creates the condition.  If you have access to a scope multimeter, scope the mainline power to the machine on power-up.

I would like to point out that this is a 5 year old thread.

Steve

Steve:

Ha ha!  Obviously, I did not notice that.  I saw the recent replies and went along for the ride. 

I didn't translate John Carvajal's message until you posted the age issue.  For anyone interested, an online translator offered this translation of his post: "It may be dust or moisture on the bus's chassis, please download the drive and blowing the backplane. Once the drives not passing 2 and became a cleaning and now everything is ok".

Well, maybe it can help someone in the future...