Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
plcdp

timer question

9 posts in this topic

Hello, I am sure I am missing something probably quite obvious here, but I cant seem to figure out how to change the type of timer from say a 10ms timer to a 100ms timer. I have always used the FX series PLC with GX Developer, but this project is done with a Q02H using GX Works 2. If someone could point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you, plcdp

You have to change the timer number T0 to T199 are 100mS time base T200 to T245 are 10mS time base T246 to T249 are 1mS time base retentative timers (battery backed) T250 to T255 are 100mS time base retentative timers (battery backed) T256 to T511 are 1mS time base Hope this helps Steve

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't that the case for the FX series? Is the Q programming the same? plcdp

Q is NOT the same. All Q timers default as what are called low speed, which is set to default of 100ms time base. To use a 10ms timer, you can use the high speed timers. Put an H in front of your timer. Type T0 K10 for a 1 second low speed timer Type H T1 K10 for a 100ms timer Default time base for low and high can be changed in PLC parameters, but apply to the entire project.

If you are using structured programming/Ladder: The FB you can use are TIMER_LOW_FB_M and TIMER_HIGH_FB_M.

Thats the ticket....thanks very much. plcdp

Sorry for bringing up old topic

I want to setup PT time of TON to 30ms, but i can't setup value lower than 100ms.

Its Q00UJCPU and GX Works 2

Could be a limitation of that CPU, those J CPUs are really basic.

18 hours ago, Crossbow said:

Could be a limitation of that CPU, those J CPUs are really basic.

Thanks for your answer, already figured out whats wrong.

Changed timer limit setting in PLC parameter and everything works