Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chavak

Multiple Language Setup

4 posts in this topic

Dear All, I am in need of using more than one language on all the texts, labels, switches, alarm messages etc etc on NS touchscreen. I have seen this on a demo machine, with a page of 16 flags of nations and when selected - whew - everything talk native. I just need English and Portuguese. Altough I tried, no success. Can anybody please explain, would be grateful. Thankyou

In "System tab, Project Property": Switch Label tab, No. of label: the number you need. Then you specify a name for each ( english, portuguese...) and wich of them is the initial label. Then when you create an object than contain text (button, messages, etc.) you always have a Label or text tab in wich you fill the text for your 2 languages. Finaly you need a "word button" to write the label number you want to display. With this word button you write to a System ($SW) adress. (Initial allocation that you specified in "System Setting + 10 ) Edited by pfort

a note of warning there, from experience: while multiple language is easy and rapid during designing stages, thanks to the possibility to export projects' text in .CSV for translation, situation becomes different once you have to rectify text in an already running panel. Once I had to retransmit the project to a batch of 11 panels in advanced commissioning because of a single mistaken Chinese character in the translation. So if multiple language support is a defining feature of your application spend well your time thoroughly checking and verifying, or otherwise use graphics and icons and do away altogether with text labels.

Thankyou very much for explaiing how to do it and what precautions to be taken, I implemented and it seems working well. Best Regards __________