Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pszczepan

SEND via ethernet word from CP1L to NSJ

24 posts in this topic

Hi! I want to send for test one word from CP1L to NSJ. My setup: CP1L - CIF41 is in port 1 NSJ I want to send one word from D197 (Cp1L) to D3000 in NSJ. My program for CP1L looks: When I execute the code I do not get any value in NSJ D3000 I am not sure what value should be for Destination unit number in C+2 and Communications port number in C+4 Thanks for clue Pawel

Why complicate it, why not just let the NSJ read from the CP1L?

I tried SEND some words from NSJ to CP1L with no success also Otherwise SEND from CP1L to NSJ should work and I do not understand why it is complicating - hm?

It is my understanding that messaging from the CP1L-CIF41 is not officially supported, but messaging to is. I am not sure that your routing tables are setup correctly. Do you have a routing table in the CP1L?

After my configuration I have access to both PLC via ETHERNET from CX Programmer. NSJ has a IP 172.16.20.220 CP1L 172.16.20.219 What routing table I should have in CP1L - there are some option but I do not have any example how to set. Pawel

Both devices should be routed through to the same network (see attached). I normally use the CX-Net configuration tool for this, but can also be done via CX-Integrator.

With NSJ I can be online via ethernet in Cx-Net When I try to be online with CP1L with the same settings which I use in CX-PRogrammer for CP1L (then I am online) in CX-Net all the time I have connection failed. Does it mean that to set routing table for CP1L I have to connect via USB - ethernet is not accepted. In Cx-Integrator I cannot even add CP1L Maybe I have to set routing table for CP1L from Web browser? - hmm

I cannot remember the exact method for setting the routing table for the CP1L, I do know it can be done via web browser though... I have a CP1H with CIF41 that I can have a look at, but will be later today before I get a chance....

I read manual carefully and the routing table should be set from CX-Integrator. So - I would be appreciate your test LOSTCONTOL. Please check if you can be online with CP1H in CX-NET via EThernet. If you set CP1H as a ethernet node I do not have CP1W-CIF41 to choose. How do you configure routing table for CP1H with CP1W-CIF41. For CP1L I do not have even any choice. I have CX-Integrator ver 2.37 thanks in advance

Ok, I will have a look. I know I have had issues before when trying to set via CX-Integrator, so always try to use CX-Net. I will test & post back later today.

Ok, I setup CP1H with CIF41, and was able to set routing table from CX-Integrator via ETN. I am pretty sure you will be able to do this also. What I found, is that I selected CP1H via network/communications settings, and when select online, a box asked to select what option (see attached). Selecting routing table will open up the routing table configurator. Maybe this was a bit misleading, if you follow what I have said above, then it should work...Let us know how you get on.

Does anybody configured CP1L and CP1W-CIF41 to work with SEND. I did what LOSTCONTROL wrote and nothing. 1. I couldn't set routing table via ETN. CX-P can get access, but not CX-NET or CX-Integrator. 2. I connected via USB and I set routing table as below in NSJ ETN is also 1 My NSJ IP is 172.16.20.220 CP1L 172.16.20.219 I am not sure if PORT1 is 252 or 253 - I tested with both option but result was the same - no SEND From Omron support I got info: - CIF41 can only reply to FINS command. So I wrote SEND code for NSJ I changed also mask for NSJ 255.255.255.0 as Omron support suggested Using SEND I want to transfer value from NSJ - D3000 ( &234) to CP1L - D187 but still I have &0 Where is the problem?

Hi Pawel, As mentionned Sparky, CP1W-CIF41 does not support officially SEND/RECV/CMND commands. Even if it seems to works, we (I) do not have the detail of when It can work or not. But, I agree also with Sparky, using the NSJ to send/receive should works ! Do not forget to recycle the power of the CP1L with its CIF41 after writing a routing table and remind also that frame managed by the CIF41 should have a size less than 1024bytes. Hope this help. regards, JPV

You need to focus on getting comms between the NSJ & CP1L, this should be straight forward. Forget about trying to use SEND/RECV. Comms between a HMI & PLC is standard stuff, and should work. There is no need to use SEND/RECV!! Is this equipment accessible remotely? We may be able to find some time to have a look for you. Edit: Your settings for identifying the CP1L are completely incorrect anyway. Word 3 should be #E800. I re-iterate though, this will not work if you cannot get comms between NSJ & CP1L as standard function working.. Edited by lostcontrol

I added CP1L as below and I prepare 1 numeral display for D187 from CP1L to test connection. During downloading new project I got error and NS make loud squeal So I downloaded previous application without CP1L declaration and no noise and no error . Any other settings? Why word #3 should be #E800. If you mean C+2 word - it is defined: bit 00-07 - Destination unit address - maybe #00 bit 08-15 - destination node address - 219 = #DB - you wrote E8 IP is 172.16.20.219 node 219 I got reply from multiway. Maybe it gives any clue. I have some VPN to connect to this LAN. I could get some specs from IT to start another user thanks Pawel
1 person likes this

Let me know, PM me if you get details. Can you maybe PM me your NS & CP1L configuration files also, I will check them...

I changed routing table for CP1L - Network 1 is connected to 253 was 252 . I have CIF41 in port 1 I tried connect NSJ panel to CP1L but still the same - laud squeal. I changed also word C+4 from #1002 to #0002 but after execution error flag A219.00 is 1 (error) I attached config files (ZIP file) for CP1L ( PLC and routing) NSJ (argip files for CX Integrator ). setup for CP1W-CIF41 I attached below - I do not know how to save settings to file: IP router table is empty IP Address table has values for VPN connection. IP I have no idea what is wrong thanks for time Pawel CP1L_ETN.zip

I don't have access just now to the system that has CJ -> CP1L comms, so cannot verify your setup. BUT, one thing that I have noticed from your routing table files is that your NSJ routing looks incorrect. You need to route from the unit to Network 1, not the Node. Your first post & routing table file shows the inner boards. Since your comms are Ethernet, & the Ethernet unit no is #01, you need to do the routing from Unit #01 to Network #01. Try this & let the NSJ poll the CP1L and see what happens.

I can do this changes, but I am not sure if it is incorrect. In manual W452 I found:

I am not familiar with NSJ, so maybe I got it wrong. I just noticed from one of your earlier files that the Ethernet unit looks like #01. If that what the manual says, then it must be correct. I would be interested if you did change & if it works... I am a bit snowed at the moment, but will have a look at NSJ manuals when I get a chance.

Some progress, but not yet success The unit must be as I wrote. 01 is wrong. Omron Engineer send me part of manual and there is info: Node address - For ETN Units with model numbers ending in ETN21: 01 - FE HEX - For ETN Units with other numbers: 01 - 7E HEX He suggested that NSJ can have ETN with other numbers and can service just node to #7E. My CP1L had #DB. I changed CP1L IP to 172.16.20.1 with node 1 and I set direct connection in CX designer to node 1 It started working I got on NS panel value from CP1L. The only problem is that if the screen with CP1L value is set on very often I get laud squeal and connection Error. For a screen I changed screen property/ Comm.details/ smart active parts communication to long, but still I got error during communication. Can I fix that? After that I started with PLC now I set CMND instruction to read word from D187 in CP1L in node 1. But I got response # 0101 2108. Do you know what does it mean - In manual W342 - communication commands - there is no error table. Thanks

Why?? :no: If you cannot get comms with NSJ as master, or even use of SEND/RECV, I very much doubt you will get CMND to work.

Another step I decided to use Wireshark to see what NSJ send via ETN using CMND command What I noticed in FINS command - blue data I send in network 1 data to IP 100 (#64) with unit 00 - it is OK The problem is with Network Source Address - 00 should be #1 and Source Node Address - SA1 - should be 220 (#DC), but it is 00 So that's probably CP1L doesn't reply to CMND command - simply it does not know where should send data. I have no idea why FINS header is wrong I cannot find any place to set it Any ideas?

Finally I got answer from Omron France. In the past they had exactly the same problem (NSJ didn't set Source node address) and Japan replied: It means that NSJ with build-in ethernet does not support FINS Command To do what I want I need add NS-ETN21. But this needed to be clarify, because NSJ send the FINS request even if the function SEND is not supported. Then PLC answer with an error, but customer think that this should work looking at the Leds blinking. PLC does not execute a FINS request whitout knowing who sent the request. Trajexia execute the request and does not care about the source (??). Thanks for help - especially Lostcontrol