Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pszczepan

VPN, CX programmer, scada - access via ethernet

4 posts in this topic

I have a few questions about connection. 1) PLC has IP 172.16.20.220 , Scada PC has IP 172.16.20.127 On the PC with running scada software I can not established connection between CX programmer which is installed on the same PC and PLC - first I have to shut off scada software. I tried different ports number but no success. Scada or CX programmer on the same PC can't have connection and the same moment. Is it possible to make connection simultaneously? 2) I have VPN connection and when I'am connected to the LAN I get IP 172.17.20.x Second octet is different and last octet is dynamic and every connection it is changing. In such a situation how I have to set up routing table to get remote access to PLC from Cx programmer? thanks for clue Pawel

If the Visualisation would be an OMRON Software, or making communication via CX-Server OPC, the CX-Server would handle the multiple access. If UDP port 9600 is occupied by your Visu-Software, still TCP port 9600 is free for OMRON Software. Choose "Ethernet FINS/TCP" instead of "Ethernet" as Network on your Omron-Software. (Or the other way arround) Regards

sounds very familiar, im my experience if the ETN is busy responding to a scada node it doesnt like CX-Programmer trying to connect at the same time.

I think this would be solved by giving the ETN a route. not on the routing table. in the ETN properties (IO TABLE), look for "IP router table", enter a router ip address for the ETN to use as a gateway. The ETN is on 172.16.y.x You are on: 172.17.y.x The ETN needs a router on the same subnet to tell it how to get to your subnet EG, router: 172.16.20.x So, find the routers IP address that is on the same subnet of the ETN and assign it as a gateway: Ip Adress: 0.0.0.0 (this means "any" network) it works on newer ETNs Router's IP Address: 172.16.20.x Or more specifically: Ip Adress: 172.17.x.x / depending on what subnet you are using for this range Router's IP Addres: 172.16.20.x