Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Communicatiom between Siemens and B&R PLC on Ethernet

6 posts in this topic

I have a Siemens PLC on ethernet network and a B&R PLC power panel 400.Do anyone know, how to communicate between these PLCs.

Does the B&R PLC support ProfiNet ? Does the B&R PLC support Modbus TCP ?

For curiosity reasons: do they communicate already, if yes: how ? thx br bb

You can communicate between SIEMENS and B&R via PROFIBUS, PROFINET or MODBUS TCP/IP. PROFIBUS and PROFINET needs a dedicated interface on the B&R Power Panel, MODBUS TCP/IP can be implemented on the standard Ethernet port available on the B&R Power Panel.

Hi everybody This topic also interst me...can anyone saw step by step instruction how to communicate between S7 - 300 with for example CPU 314C - 2DP and http://www.br-automation.com/cps/rde/xchg/br-productcatalogue/hs.xsl/products_96245_ENG_HTML.htm?session_level_1=Control%20Systems. Communication of course will be on Industrial Ethernet I found information that all PLC with series X20 have interface Industrial Ethernet in standard version. It will be very helpfull for if someone send some information about it...I never before created communication between PLC from series S7 - 300 and other PLC (NOT SIEMENS Company) Thank you very much Best regards...

Hello, X20 systems have POWERLINK On-Board and a Modbus/TCP (Master ?) installed in OS. Industrial Ethernet can be any protocol like POWERLINK , SERCOS III, Modbus TCP, EtherNet/IP among others (?) Taking into account previous answers of this link, they should be able to communicate with Modbus TCP only. Sorry, I have no clue on Siemens side how to configure this.... br bb