Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
new_man

clk21

5 posts in this topic

hii , i have plc omron cj1m which connect to conroller link to communicate with another plc , i ask about where restored datlink configure , on cpu or on controller link

Hi! All configuration and data are ALL in CPU. Read manual to see how to define data areas. Do not forget to define a CLK address using switch on CLK21. Do not forget to turn on proper AR bit to start datalink (on CQm1H machines). Best regarsd!

thanks for your reply , but when make backup of my plc give me different files for cpu and clk21 , i will be re-read manual again

Homer_BL is correct. The datalink configuration is stored in the CPU not the Controller Link Module.

The datalink table file and user program ARE different types. The user program uploaded with CX-Programmer is saved as a *.cxp file. The datalink file uploaded with the Controllerlink Datalink tool if I am not mistaken is a *.cl2 file. If there is a routing table in the CPU, you can upload it with the Routing Table editor and save it as a *.rtg file (from the top of my head). Then if you really want to back up everything, you can use the memory tool in CX-Programmer to upload all non-volatile memory areas (DM,HR) and save it as a *.mem file (although you can save it in the project too.