Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
donbinno

HMI with BR AUTOMATION 3.080

11 posts in this topic

Hi evry body I'm a beginner with br automation. i need to create an HMI in Structured text (check file attached). the operator must choose one the patterns in the list so he needs to scroll down or up then press the button on the right of the pattern he's chosen. i dont know how to link the scroll buttons and the patterns (23 patterns). i tried to use the listbox control but it seems that i can just create a list of texts not pictures with that listbox can smbody help me please the screen 4PP 0571 640x480 im cdc 2.bmp

just the fact that you're using a B&R should have you committed....or your boss......unless of course you're in France......then you both should be committed regardless of your plc or hmi. just joking.....i love french fries and french toast.....

well but u ain't helping me...am doin' an internship it's for my end of study project..

Hello donbinno. The way I would achieve this is to use a Bitmap Group in the Visual Components. A bitmap group allows you create a table of images (technically they are PNG files) and choose one of these images a runtime, optionally with a variable. This means that you can use your variable to "index" through the list of images on the screen. Furthermore, when you are using a Bitmap group, you can specify an offset. Say for example you wish to show 5 images on the screen at once, then I would have all 5 button controls, each with the Format->BitmapSource->Source to "Multiple Bitmaps", select the same "Bitmap Group" you wish to use and set the "BitmapIndexOffset" with offsets 0, 1, 2, 3, 4. Then link them to a datapoint (variable) in the Format->BitmapIndexDatapoint" which you wish to show the corresponding image (lets say, "imgIdx"). Next, I would create two buttons for scrolling up and down the image list. If you create both buttons, and two Virtual; Keys as "UpDownDatapoints" and specify the variable (i.e. "imgIdx") with your minimum and maximum limits (which will be 0 as a minimum, and 20 as a maximum - as with 5 image controls on the page you will see the 23rd item). To scroll down the list you will need a step value of 5 (or the number of images you have on the page) and to scroll up the step value needs to be negative of this number (i.e. -5). If you wish to scroll one at a time, set the step values to 1 and -1 (and the maximum to 22). Next, you will need to know what item the user has pressed. As you have 5 buttons, just give each button a different set action as it's virtual key (i.e. the first is "set datapoint = 1", the next is "set datapoint = 2" etc). The data point you use MUST be different to the one you are using to display the bitmaps. Also, in your code you should add the "imgIdx" to this value so you know exactly what image is selected. Of course later on you can make it pretty, and show a border around the selected image. I hope this has been helpful.

well BR UK..that sounds very good..i'm going to let you know soon..thanks!

B&R UK i'm blocked just at the beginning when creating the visu..here his my approach: i created a new project then i did in logical view: add object->>visualization->> new VC4 visualization->>Resolution 640x480 (VGA) ->> yes to active CPU then in configuration view : add configuration ->> define a new hardware configuration ->> power panel ->> 4PP420 0571 K04->> finished (attached file config view) then in physical view : open virtual panels (IF8) ->> insert ->> VNC VIewer VGA panel (attached file physical view1,2,3,4) my problem is that in configuration view->> visual.vcm->> the column VC Object Name is empty so i can't compile the project successfully the name should be 'visu' because i checked in the PLC i have the visualization visu there (attached file PLC) Do you have a suggestion please ? Edited by donbinno

You have to manually add your visualization with the name "visu". To do this just double click in the "VC Object Name" column and a display list of your available visualizations should appear. That VNC Viewer is just a Virtual Panel. It can be displayed in your computer when you are connected with the PLC, and need to use the VNC Viewer program on your PC. You should erase that if you are not planning to use it, or if you are, for it to share the same visualization than the PLC in this case, you have to double click the "Master" column and choose the module address DS1.

thanks Juaco but as you can see on attached files, for the line IF8 it's possible to choose 'visu' and 'DS1' (i only chose 'visu' since i dnt need to use the VNC Viewer program on the PC) but for the line DS1 i stilll dont have that possibility to choose 'visu' in the 'VC Object Name' column...

Ok, I know what is the problem now. Both the VNC Viewer and the Visu you declared are VGA, BUT your Power Panel is QVGA. Just declare a new VC4 visualization in Logical View, and this time choose a QVGA resolution. The reason you can't choose that Visu for the DS1 is because the resolution is not compatible with your PP420.0571. The new QVGA visu should be eligible now. Hope this helps you. Edited by Juaco

Wonderful! @Juaco you were right and @B&R UK you right too..it's working..thank you all guys!

can i visualiz b&r automation with Siemens or Uniop hmi ??