Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fan Liu

Integer stuff in SE trend object

4 posts in this topic

In SE trend object why tag's value is always integer type? Min,Max,Present value and value bar upon the trend curve are totally the same integer type values. Every value displayed in trend object is integer type stuff in despite of all data source being float type. Trend object could not display decimal type value. Does anybody know where and how to change the configuration to get rid of this kind of integer stuff ? BTW, my trend data soure is ODBC database model in which all the data are float type. Thanks for any advice or comment on this issue. Edited by Fan Liu

Have found ways to get rid of integer stuff. Qestion closed.

To the poster - this is a LEARNING forum. Share with us what you have learned. I have been surprised in my own questions that, what I thought was very specific information that no one would be interested in, turned out to be of use to many, sometimes years after. So please list the particulars of your system and your method of solving your problem. You may be surprised when soon, or perhaps in years, someone finds your post and notes - "That is the solution to MY problem"!

OK,you are right. Sharing is essential for living .Really appreciate for your kindly reminder. Values should be configured with decimal places otherwise everything in dispaly will be integer,which has nothing to do with what kind of data type you have. Data type does not dominate the display.