Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Armadillo852

Feeling Stupid

5 posts in this topic

Ok, so here goes the bone head move of the day. I was working on adding some security to a new project that our main office in Italy created. I just received the PLC and HMI file today. So no big deal, I've done this hundreds of time, if not more. So I created the usenames and passwords that I wanted to use. Created my runtime file. Well..... tried to and it kept faulting out with ERROR: Internal error detected, error code = 37. Some other stuff about RsLinx Enterprise not being defined. So I deleted my security, tried again, rebooted. Uninstalled Factory Talk (SIGH), rebooted. After a few hours, (This was all I had to do today in 8 hours, so no rush to resolve problem.) I decided to go to the AB website and paste my error code into the knowledgebase. Read the cause, and realized, I did not define the communication path for the runtime file. D'oh! Good thing I didn't use the chat feature first. LMAO

There you go depriving a Tech Support engineer of a nice easy softball question that's in the Knowledgebase. :) I just accepted a new job offer starting next Tuesday. The company is very mechanically focused, and I'll be their only dedicated Controls engineer. They hired me based on my strong mechanical and motion control background and particularly my expertise in Allen-Bradley PLCs. So when I talked to them today (immediately after accepting the job) the first question was "How are you with SQL and .NET in C# ?". I predict a great deal a feeling dumb in my immediate future.

I here ya there with the .net and SQL stuff. Luckily the place I am at now has dedicated people for that stuff. Or I too would have many more stupid entries. LOL

I have those days also!!!!

Congratulations on the new job! Sounds like you'll have some OJT and book learnin's on the SQL and .NET side. I'm sure you'll do just fine.