Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kwnstantinos

Software for Omron PLC and HMI

10 posts in this topic

I obtained one Omron Sysmac CQM1 and i want to use it for a project. Can I program it with CX developer 5.0? Also, I have one NT31-ST121-EV2 HMI. Which software do I need to program this? Thanks in advance.

Not sure what you mean with CX developer, if you are talking about CX-Programmer, than yes you can use 5.0 to program a CQM1 however CX-Programmer is now on V9x so your version is pretty outdated. To program NT31-ST121-EV2 you would need NT Support Tool. Not developed anymore, latest version is 4.8 but is still included with CX-One suite. Ask for a copy at your local Omron dealer.

G X Developer is for Mitsubishi P.L.C programmining and not Omron.

My mistake, i wanted to write CX Programmer 5.0 Thanks for your quick reply!

No problem!

What kind of cables do I need for the following connections? Omron Sysmac CQM1 ---> NT31-ST121-EV2 HMI Omron Sysmac CQM1 ---> PC NT31-ST121-EV2 HMI ---> PC Edited by kwnstantinos

See here: Omron Serial Cables @ MrPLC.com

I have successfully connected with the above PLC, but i am encountering trouble in connecting with the HMI NT31-ST121-EV2. I am using NTST 4.7 software and when I am trying to connect, I receive the message: Time out error. I checked the cable and it is correct. I also tried with 3 more HMI of the same type. Please can someone give me the settings for my PC serial port? Maybe i am not correct there. Also, is there any dip switch or anything blocking the communication? thanks for the support!

Did you put the NT31 in Transmit mode?

Look at Section 6-6 NT31 Setup Manual @ MrPLC.com