Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fan Liu

Where to config data sampling parameters in OPC data server

3 posts in this topic

In Factorytalk View SE scada system is it possible to config data sampling parameters such as sampling time ,tag sampling dead band and others in opc data server (for example Rslinx Enterprise data server). I mean control data collecting behavior to optimize data server performance. I know this kind of function could be done in IFIX or other SCADA system. Does rockwell scada system support this kind of feature and if supported where I could enter into this in se scada system. Thanks for any comment or advice on this issue. Edited by Fan Liu

RSLinx Enterprise doesn't require configuration of polling rates, deadbands, or polling lists like a conventional general-purpose OPC Server. Instead, it performs polling of the attached controllers based on the requests that come from various parts of the FactoryTalk View system. The Data Model engine, for example, gathers data based on Poll Rates defined in the data model. Similarly, Trend Objects have a poll rate. Ordinary Displays have a per-Display update rate (the default is 1 second). This makes the configuration of RSLinx Enterprise very simple compared to general-purpose OPC Servers, but it also means that unreliable or low-bandwidth communication links are difficult to tune.

Dear Ken, thanks again for your kindly reply. Without dead band configuration is one bad things for data server, which could not efficiently utilize bandwidth and optimize its performance.Although we're able to select the polling mode for data model or trend object,but only the polling rate we could approach. Without dead band tune "On Change" polling mode is limited and feeble for rapid changed float type data, which will extremely consume server's bandwith. Edited by Fan Liu