Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sttchui

Shift register conversion from FX2N to Q series

3 posts in this topic

Hi, Can anyone help me convert the bit shift from FX2N to Q series X0 --||------------[sFTL X002 M100 K55 K1] Can somebody convert this for me. or any example could help. because i replacing the PLC with Q series Type Thank you! Regards sttchui

There isn't an exact replacement for the FX command in the Q. The shift command in the FX includes a source, so the bit being shifted into the register could be either a 0 or a 1. In the Q, the command doesn't include source data, so the bit being shifted is always a 0. You'll have to do the shift, then set the header bit based on the source. X0 --||------------[bSFL M100 K55] X0 X002 --||-----||------------[sET M100] In this case, the FX command only did a single bit shift, so I used the 1-bit command in the Q. You could do a multiple bit shift in the Q by using the SFTBL command instead, and then setting the first "n" bits, similar to how I'm doing it above.

I need to convert from an A0J2 to FX3U and wondering,

To replace the logic  ---|| M240 ----------[ BSFL M240 K10 ]

could I use ---|| M240 ----------------------------------------------[ STFLP M240 M240 K10 K1 ]

(parallel branched off same rung)-----[ RST M240 }

???

The reason for the reset of M240 is because BSFL places a 0 in M240 after it shifts left one bit. The FX PLC does not support the BSFL command thus leaving me to use the STFL command. Would this work? I am only unsure of if it would work exactly the same.                                           

Edited by Paolo_911