Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BenPLC

online communication

2 posts in this topic

Hello, Sorry to ask a basic thing . . . but I have to 'dance' around a tight production schedule, so I can't afford to 'play' with it till I get it right: Questions: What steps do I need to take to get online and upload a program while the machine is running? [i have the following below:] [i'm familiar with AB Micrologix, but new to Omron] I have: Omron CPM1 Micro PLC, CX-One v 3, CQM1-C1F02 cable, (also an optional USB-C1F02). I did the following already: 1.Opened CX-One (no file opened, just the software) 2.With the USB-C1F02 plugged into the PC and peripheral, I selected AutoOnline from the menue bar 3.I recieved a message that I 'failed' to get online [Note, I have not tried the CQM1-C1F02 cable yet] Am I safe to continue to try to upload without affecting the PLC running operation? Are there any 'no-no's that would screw up the existing machine while it is running? Thanks alot

The USB-CIF02 cable is manufactured by third party in China. No support available. Use the CQM1-CIF02 cable from Omron. Also check to see if you have selected the com port in CX Programmer to which you are connected on your computer. This would also apply for the USB-CIF02 cable.