Mr.lemonnier

Positioning with MX2

12 posts in this topic

I'd like to know if any of you already used the positioning option of the Omron 3G3MX2 drive ? What I wanna do is connect my encoder directly to the drive and set the 8 position of my receiver boxes. The drive will need to position the rotative table directly in front of the box, stop until the ejection is complete and replace itself to home position. I think it's possible but i've got some issu with the programmation. Any help will be welcome ! Mick

Hello Mick I've used this a few times, and it's pretty good. Attached is a CX-Drive project which shows which parameters you need to adjust. I think P075 sets the inverter for a rotating co-ordinate system, ie. it will take the shortest route. Make sure the motor is auto-tuned first, as good low-speed operation is critical for accurate positioning. Also, the EA (Phase A of the encoder) terminal input is 32KHz, so choose your encoder symathetic to this! EB (terminal 7) is rated MUCH lower but isn't a problem as the drive 'knows' which direction it's going. Come back with any questions. Pp PositionDemo.zip

Yeah ! this should help a lot, thanks buddy !

I could not find the auto-tune function. Could you point it out to me please ?

Hi Posted the user manual here . Search 'autotuning' and the first reference is a step-by-step guide. Better results if you use 'rotational' autotune, and the load disconnected IMO. Pp

Ok I've follow the step-by-step guide but can't get the auto-tuning to work.

Salut Do you get the 'failed' symbol on the display? Pp

Yes I got this message, and I've follow the step, set the parameter H020 to H024 and tried the recommandation in the manual. Also i've been unable to open the file you send me with cx-one. Edited by Mr.lemonnier

Send your CX-Drive file, and motor nameplate details so I can look. Pp

I think it will be OK, I've got the simple positionning working good !! Thanks for all the help buddy !!

Ok I'm still having issues with my programmation. I've got a 1000 PPR Encoder and no information about my engine, the faceplate is missing, but its around 1 Hp 3 Phase 208 V. My problem is : let say I ask for the position 250, it goes there, stop with DC injection and goes back to zero (working just fine). But the second time, It does around 50 pulse, stop, and gave back error : E80.3. I'm sending you my program. Also i'm unable to auto-tune my engine and upgrade Cx-drive to open the file you send me. Drive1.zip Edited by Mr.lemonnier

It looks ok. One suggestion may be to move PCLR from Input 7 to input 6. Input 7 is used for phase B of the encoder (when used) I've never used 'without limitation' (P075=1), so maybe change this to 0 to test. Paul