Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ParaffinPower

MX2 drive programming

5 posts in this topic

Hello Just interested to see if many of us are using the Drive Programming functionality yet? I've done a few jobs with it up to now. Works well in conjunction with the 'Simple Positoning' too. Pp

Huh?

Hi Jay You guys use the MX2 and CX-Drive don't you? We've had this for about 6 months or so. You can perform PLC-type logic within the drive itself. Quick run down: 1. Access to all 7 inputs, 3 outs, both analog ins and analog out. 2. 5 tasks (multitasking). 3. BASIC-type language, entered as flow chart. 4. Read/write access to 'everything' the inverter knows. You can programatically turn 'on' anything you can normally attach to an input. 5. Very handy!

Yes, we have it here in the U.S.A. A few applications have been done with it, but not many to this point. I think that most people do not see it because the way that the firmware numbers are ordered in CX-Drive. The last four digits of the firmware need to be 4309 or higher to support this function. The default firmware is the first one in the list and ends in 4308. Edited by Michael Walsh

Well, I'll be a monkey's.....