Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Frode

CX-programmer stops responding!

6 posts in this topic

Hi! I have CX-programmer V3.2 and a CQM1H CPU61 PLC. Everytime I try to connect to the PLC, CX programmer stops responding. This only happens with my workstation(never used CX on this pc before), my laptop works ok with the same software version. I have deleted every Omron software and cleaned the registry, then reinstalled with no succes. The pc is recently formatted with very little software installed. I´m running WIN XP, everthing updated to latest version. Sometimes I can communicate with the PLC for a couple of minutes before CX-p locks up. The Windows logfile only tells me that I have an application hang, CXP.exe and some memory values, the error ID is 1002 if it helps. Could someone please give me a hint what to do? Thank you in advance Frode S L

Guest_Frode: Please register at MrPLC.com and join the MRPLC.com community Register at MrPLC.com Are you using toolbus? Is it set for 115kbps? If so you may need to upgrade to CX Server 1.7. Until you do, lower your baud rate to 9600bps. CX Server 1.7 (212mb)

Hi! Thanks for the fast reply. Yes, I am using toolbus, but with the default 9600 kbit. I will upgrade to CX server 1.7 and let you know if it works. Greetings Frode

Hi again! I tried to upgrade the CX server, but CX-p still stops responding. When I once and a while get connected, it seems like the communication gets interrupted. The com is lost for a second and then returns to normal before the program locks up completely. I cant think of any of my other programs that use the serialport, at least not If I dont tell them to do so. HELP!!! Greetings Frode

I have had this problem with WinXP and a USB/serial converter on my laptop. I then purchased the Omron USB/serial concereter and it now works quite well with only a very occassional hang. If it does hang, re-boot the PC. By the way, I have seen others have absolutely no problems whatever and believe that it may be hardware based. I had problems with a HP laptop but not with an NEC laptop with real serial port but the screen and speed of the NEC is not as good as the HP.

Hi I have had a similar prob with usb to serial port... I have found that the Prolific usb to serial works really well for me.