Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Yurigas75

V1000 driven by CJ2M through Ethernet / IP

14 posts in this topic

Hi everybody, now I try to connect a V1000 with an SI-EN3/V ethernet/IP interface, to a CJ2M CPU31. I did not well understand if I can use "Network configurator for ethernet/IP" and I have a problem with EDS files versions or if I can not use the Omron's program and I must use explicit message. I try to explain better, first I tried to used "Network configurator for ethernet/IP" I downloaded the EDS from the American Yaskawa site, when Installed EDS, on the program he recognize them (the codes are differents from the europen models) but when I put the Inverter in the net (In the program), program tell me that Tag size are not correct and that not "feel" the inverter, I do not know if this is due to a non properly coincidence with the EDS' code and the real code of the inverter. In this case, is it possible to find the correct files EDS for european models? On the manual(W465 ) there are not examples of V1000 connection but shows just connection between Omron PLC and shows how to connect other devices through explicit message, so is this the way? I found some examples with Allen-bradley and Omron, must i use them for create mine? Regards

Hi everybody, more then 60 views and no suggestions . I can think of two things: 1) I wrote the question and the answer. 2) I must read better the manual. This week I had not time, next week I will take again the manual. Regards

Please post the .eds file that you have, and I will look and see what the Network Configurator for EIP is telling you.

Here is the .zip with all V1000 models. The model that I'm using is CIMR-VC4A0005BAA but in the EDS all, have U instead of C . I tried with VU4A0005-UTC000280- v1.01.eds and the instances #116 and #166. This is the link to Yaskawa.com (hope that I can put it) http://www.yaskawa.com/site/products.nsf/ProductDetailPages/Industrial%20AC%20Drives~V1000%20Drive~drvv1000netcomoptions.html!OpenDocument&Click= Regards EDS_V1000_UTC000280_ENET_V1_01.zip

I can successfully load the .eds file into the Omron Network Configurator for EtherNet/IP. One thing that I suspect is that the 44 bytes produced / 44 bytes consumed is too large for the original release of the CJ2M-CPU3x series. Omron has recently made a change to the maximum size of each connection (see below). Is this the limit that you are seeing? Can you make a connection with smaller assemblies? CJ2M EIP version change... The CJ2M has a hardware limitation of 1280 bytes total between produced and consumed tags. The original version of CJ2M EIP (version 2.0) modules had an additional limitation of 40 bytes produced or 40 bytes consumed per connection. Omron is starting production of version 2.1 EIP modules for CJ2Ms, and the limitation of 40 bytes per connection is removed. The limitation of the enhanced 2.1 hardware is as follows: 1. Total of 640 Words between all produced / consumed tags. 2. Maximum of 32 connections per CJ2M-CPU3x. So, you could have 1 connection of 320 words in, and 1 connection of 320 words out. Total = ((1*320) + (1*320)) = 640 words. Or you could have 32 connections of 10 words in, and 32 connections of 10 words out. Total = ((32*10) + (32*10) = 640 words.

Thank you very much PMCR. This morning I got the same result, now I have the EIP Ver 2.0 waiting for a new firmware (hope that will be enough) i will use a smaller assemblies. Thank you again for your confirmation. Now I find that you have already wrote about it, Is my fault no good search in the forum. Regards

Hi , attached you can find the error that Network configurator fo ethernet/IP show me. I can connect directly through Exploer at the Inverter. The only difference is that in the picture the invarter is named CIMR-VU4A0005 but here I have a CIMR-VC4A0005. Can be a problem of EDS? Regards Edited by Yurigas75

Yes, that message is indicating that the device type or Major or Minor revision is incorrect (mismatch between the .eds file and the actual device). That software is comparing the hardware device (inverter) to the values in the .eds files [Device] section. An example is below. You really do need the correct .eds file for the hardware that you have. [Device] VendCode = 44; VendName = "Yaskawa Electric America, Inc."; ProdType = 2; ProdTypeStr = "AC Drives"; ProdCode = 0x9063; MajRev = 1; MinRev = 2; ProdName = "CIMR-AU2A0006 (230VAC)"; Catalog = "CIMR-AU2A0006-UTC000280-ENET"; Icon = ""; The Network Configurator can read the Device Information that is in Bold above out of the device to compare to the .eds file (which is a text file). In the Network Configurator for EtherNet/IP 1. Go online 2. Go to EDS Files menu, Create. 3. Click 'Upload from Device'. 4. Enter the IP address of the inverter. 5. Click 'OK'. You will then see the information that is stored in the inverter. This is what is being compared to the values in the .eds file.

Hello, Nice topic! I have exactly the same problems! (with an extra ethernet/IP card next to the PLC) Until today, there are never been .eds files made for the European models. I tried a lot of self converted .eds files with the american one as source. My supplier also send me some files, but none of them worked. The files are now requested from Yaskawa Europe. But that could take a lot of months, or never been happening. I start believing this module is just not compatible or it is broken. This is because I can config it with ethernet connection and DriveWizard Industrial. (CX-Drive doesn't support it and now looks ugly and user unfriendly) I can ping it. And I can browse the IP address. But i can't upload the Device Information with the network configurator. I don't know what I am doing wrong, because I successfully connected a Fanuc Robot with a working .eds file. I also can upload its device information. According to the ODVA definition of internet/IP, every device should be able to upload its device information. The V1000 doesn't seem to be active for ethernet/IP. Hoping for more input, David

Hi, I sent my CJ2M CPU 31 to the headquarters of Italy Omron for firmware upgrade, EIP 2.0 to EIP 2.1 I do not Know if will solve the problem, now I'm waiting. Regards

Upgrading the EIP to version 2.1 will allow the use of larger size connections, but nothing else. If the .eds file is not correct for the product, it will not solve the issue.

Hello, I managed to get my V1000 working. The thing is, I wasn't able to upload the device information from the V1000. Uploading from the PLC, Robot and Scanner all worked. But a couple hours after the latest Omron update of CX-One it suddenly worked also for the V1000. So this is what I did to create a working eds for the European Drive: Manually configured static IP with desired address. Uploaded device information in eds create function. (This should always work on any Ethernet/IP device because of the ODVA rules) Copy paste the rest of the eds file from VUBA example. Installed new eds. I wish you success if you encounter the same problems I did. The .eds file is added in .txt format. Maybe someone can use it some time. David VCBA0003_SI-EN3-V_0 2.txt

Great info! Thanks!

Hi everybody, this morning I received the updated CPU (EIP2.1) I upgraded CX-One as suggested from David and...... YES YES YES. Everything it's OK i can drive my V1000 and also can comunicate with MP2300Siec. I followed the suggestions of create the eds uploading the informations from the device(V1000) and paste the rest from the american eds. Thank you everyone, hope this topic can be useful for other people. Best regards Yuri