Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PMCR

[Utilities] - FINS ActiveX Ethernet Control

3 posts in this topic

File Name: FINS ActiveX Ethernet Control File Submitter: PMCR File Submitted: 22 Jan 2011 File Updated: 22 Jan 2011 File Category: Utilities Free ActiveX Control for Omron CS1, CJ1, CJ2, CP1H, CP1L, CP1E PLCs using FINS Ethernet. This is an updated version of the same from 2 years ago. Click here to download this file

It works, but I had to use different UDP port number to start communicating! I couldn't use UDP port 9600! Great component for simple applications. Thx!

Hi, I'm trying to use the ActiveX with a CJ1MCPU13ETN but I always get a " :6000:timeout " message/error. I'm calling the ActiveX functions in an Excel Macro, this is the code I'm using: Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Dim response As String response = CSCJETN1.ReadMem(1, "DM", 1000, 5) Range("A14").Value = response End Sub And this portion ( which I think is relevant) of the .ini file that I'm using: 1 'FINS Network Number for the PC Ethernet in Decimal 9600 'UDP Port for the PC in Decimal 1000 'Timeout Value in ms 1 'PLC 1 FINS Network Number in Decimal 1 'PLC 1 FINS Node Number in Decimal 192.168.1.1 'PLC 1 'FINS Node Number in Decimal 9600 'PLC 1 'FINS UDP Port Number in Decimal The PC IP address is 192.168.1.5, subnet mask 255.255.255.0 Is there any additional configuration I should use in order to make the ActiveX work?? Thank you in advance for any assistance you could provide me PS: I was kinda desperate so I tried downloading a Routing Table via CX Integrator so the Ethernet SIOU could be located in FINS network No 1 (or so I thought), but that didn't change anything. PS2: I also tried to use the ActiveX to communicate with a CJ2MCPU33 but I still get the same message/error (timeout) (Edit) PS3: I'm using Windows XP and Office 2007 if it matters in any way Edited by Daethl