Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
techuser

RSLogix 5000 Start Page Server Initialization Server Error

6 posts in this topic

RSLogix 5000 Start Page Server Initialization Server Error I have installed RSLogix 5000 (version 16, 17, 18, 19) on fresh Windows XP Machines throughout the company and am users are getting the error on the Start Page. Server Initialization Server did not load: "Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation." I have figured out that by going into tools, the start page can be disabled and this error will not occur. However, I am wondering how to remedy the Start Page so that it displays properly? I would like better understanding as to why this error is occurring on a fresh installation, what path the Start page is looking for, and a solution to fixing the already installed software. I am new to RSLogix and have never used the product before, but was in charge of installation and mass deployment.

Try uninstalling 17, 18 and 19. Reinstall 17 and verify issue is gone. Then reinstall 18 and 19. See answer ID 68214 in the Rockwell Knowledge base for more info.

I get this error when I do not install the help files for every version of RS5000 I am installing. If I install help for all versions I do not get this error. I thought I could save on hard drive space so I would only install the help files for the latest ver.

I discovered something on this error. If you go to c:\program files\Rockwell Software\RSLogix 5000\ENU\vXX\Bin\RS5000.exe, where XX is the version number. You can create a desktop shortcut icon for each build, which if you open the Start Page, every version will open the start page, except for version 17. If you launch the main icon which actually runs RSLogix5000Loader.exe, which opens the last version that was opened. So I opened version 19, and then opened the main icon and the start page works. However, I tested it on every single version, but version 17 appears to have the problem. What I find interesting is that I installed this software from the latest build from Rockwell, and it doesn't work right out of the box. My guess is that the default version that the RSLogix5000Loader.exe is trying to open is the version 17. I really do not want to have to uninstall the start page on every workstation to resolve this issue, but it sounds like version 17 is the culprit.

Also, I tried to view the Knowledgebase article and it says that it is Locked.

The answer ID 68214 is techconnect access only, so that might be the reason you couldn't view it. Also, occasionally an article will be locked while the folks at r/a edit it. The article describes your problem and says the cause is unknown, and makes the suggestion of making sure you uninstall version 17 and any newer versions (older versions can remain) then install version 17 first, make sure the start page works, then install the newer versions. I have versions 16, 17 and 18 installed and have no trouble, however 17 was definitely installed before 18 which is what they recommend, just as Qwert suggests.