Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nibroc

NS FTP Access to Log Files

8 posts in this topic

Hi All, Happy New Year. I am trying to create an FTP link to the Data Log files stored on an NS Memory Card. Currently I am unable to navigate to the folder 'ftp://192.168.1.15/at0' via the windows explorer, although I can using ftp via the command line. When I try this via Windows exporer I get the error per attached screenshot - not sure why it adds the /fr1 to the path? Thanks, Nibroc

NS FTP Access @ MrPLC.com

Try this also. FTPFunction.pdf

Thanks Jay, I did have the .pdf data but not the .ppt. I ultimately wish to put a shortcut on the desktop to open: ftp://192.168.1.15/at0/log/trend/heating This will allow my customer to open the shortcut and copy the log files. However, the ftp defaults to the /fr1 folder and does not allow Windows explorer to navigate to the above? I can navigate to the log folders using command line ftp, but not windows explorer. Is there a way I can add a shortcut to the log file folders - (do I need to use a third party FTP client?) Thanks,

Gonna work on the same issue this week. I have the same need, but I need to do it automatically.

I have something that does this automatically. I will try and dig this out and post example later on today.

Example Batch File: @echo off echo user default> ftpcmd.dat echo default>> ftpcmd.dat echo bin>> ftpcmd.dat echo lcd DESTINATION_FOLDER>> ftpcmd.dat echo cd /at0/log/Trend/Trd00>> ftpcmd.dat echo mget *.csv>> ftpcmd.dat echo quit>> ftpcmd.dat>> ftpcmd.dat ftp -n -s:ftpcmd.dat -i IP_ADDRESS del ftpcmd.dat The items in italics/bold need to be changed to your destination path & IP Address. Edited by lostcontrol

Thanks MrBatchman!