Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Firetubes

Online to DeviceNet Card with CS1W-ETN21

6 posts in this topic

I have an Ethernet/IP card CS1W- ETN21 and also a devicenet CS1W-DRM21-V1 in the same rack with a CS1G-CPU45H CPU. What I want to do is go online to the DeviceNet card via the ETN21 but can't seem to make this happen. Not sure if this is even possible. There's an Ethernet/IP network selection for going online to the CPU and that's pretty straight forward and I got it working correctly but I didn't see one for the DeviceNet software CX-Integrator (v2.33). The only way I can go online to the DeviceNet card is via Toolbus and t he serial cable.

Is your card ETN21 or EIP21? ETN21 is not EtherNet/IP. When connecting to ETN21, Ethernet (UDP) or Ethernet (Fins/TCP) should be used. I assume that the routing table is set? Take some time to read about and understand routing tables.

Good catch! Sorry for the typo. It's an EIP21 and I'm using Ethernet/IP.

Are you not able to use Ethernet (UDP) or Ethernet (FINS/TCP)?

As the DeviceNet network uses FINS routing, you cannot go online via EIP, and then switch to FINS. You can go online with CX Integrator via almost any other protocol and get to DeviceNet, but not EIP. I have posted a basic explaination of FINS Routing Tables on YouTube...