Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Michael Lloyd

Printer for a Panelview 1250+

2 posts in this topic

I have a need to be able to print a little 7am report from a Panelview 1250+. I've set everything up so that the PLC tells the PV+ to print but the PV+ doesn't like my printer. I've done some off and on research and so far I've found that the PV+ is picky about which printer it will print to and the printers that it "likes" are pretty much obsolete. However, the info that I found was no less than a year old and even older in most cases. The web is apparently maturing. Any ideas?

More and more this place is like Wheel of Fortune.... you can get your prize if you can fill in the missing letters ! PV+ printer support was notoriously bad but it was based on what the OS could do. Is your terminal one of the new PV+6 units ? They have a much newer Windows CE edition and broader printer support. I am planning a PV+1500 v5 to Network Printer project right now and am waiting for the client to get back to me about their network printer make and model. It's also going into a very tightly controlled network environment (defense contractor) so it might be tricky.