Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bob O

Printer Recommendations

7 posts in this topic

I'm looking for printer recommendations to do 11x17 prints for home use. Any pros or cons are appreciated. Thanks, Bob

I'm using a Brother MFC-5890CN. Two of the features that sold me on it were separate cartridges for each ink color and the ability to print 11 x 17". The paper tray can't take a stack of 11 x 17 sheets, so I have to feed them one at a time. If you need to do a lot of 11x 17 and need to be able to do it without having to stand by the printer, this won't be the unit for you. But if you just need the occasional 11 x 17 sheet, it's a good low-cost choice. I've had it for over a year now without any problems.

My Dad just got an HP 7500A. http://www.shopping.hp.com/product/printer/Officejet/1/storefronts/C9309A%2523B1H I was very impressed with it for the price. It's an all in one machine with an automatic document feeder. I liked it so much I bought the 6500 which is the 8.5 x 11 version of it

Nice, and a good price too.

We bought a used HP 5Si years ago. I think the print log on it showed that it had printed around 900,000 copies. We've probably added that many to it since! It prints 11x17, and 8.5x11 and its a beast (both in size and use). It has outlasted every new printer we have bought over the years. Built back when HP used to make real printers instead of the free printers they give out now to sell ink cartridges. It has options for double sided copies, and dropping it off of an ethernet connection. The printer cartridges are about $175, but they last forever. I don't even remember when we had to replace the current one. The only problem I ever had with the printer is when I bought a cheap 3rd party toner cartridge and it dumped toner all throughout the printer.

I've been using a Brother MFC-6490CW. It has been a good printer for me. It has 2 paper trays, seperate ink cartridges, a flat-bed for copying or scanning and a document feeder. One of the paper trays can accept any size of media up to 11x17. The only thing that I think HP is better on is photo printing. Otherwise I've liked this printer.

Sorry I haven’t replied I have been getting it handed to me hard on a job right now. Thank you for the recommendations.