Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fan Liu

Unable to access ODBC data source in Factorytalk View SE

3 posts in this topic

Everytime I start DataLogOn command in Factorytalk view 5.1 the sysytem will display "unable to access ODBC data source" information in the docked diagnose window. My OS is windowsXP sp3 plus office2007 and the odbc data souce driver is Microsoft Access mdb. The datalog setting tool in Factorytalk view studio could automatically create tables in mdb file which means it is able to connect the datasource DSN. But why DataLogOn command always could not be executed. BTW, the datalog setting has been done and tags in data model has been added. Thanks for any advice on this issure.

Is "PID" the only datalog model you have configured ? Microsoft Access can only have one datalog writing to it at a time. I understand from your post that MS Access 2007 is on the same PC as the FTView SE Server. If not, there may be network permission issues to diagnose. I found multiple possible answers to your problem in the Rockwell Automation technical support Knowledgebase. Do you have access to that resource, with a TechConnect contract ?

Dear Ken, thanks again for your help. I have solved this problem. The data model and HMI server are on the same machine. Just as you say it's maybe an security permission issues. I run the dcomcnfg command to configure DatalogServ component to add my account to access the sevice then everything is ok. But the permisssion setting usually should be done only when the data model located in network driver, I am confused why it must be done in local machine. My sever is not in any domain and just a stangalong server without network. BTW, I dont have TechConnect contract to access RA technical support Knowledgebase. Edited by Fan Liu