Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Agrajag

Working with XBT-H HMI

5 posts in this topic

Hello! We had an XBT-H022010 HMI that went dead with garbage displayed that developed into nothing displayed. We then purchased an XBT-H021010. I need to load the new unit with the application pages and configure it to work as the previous unit did. I tried transferring the EEPROM over, with no success. I'm starting to check into the XBTL software in case that is what I need. I may still be able to upload from the failed unit as it is possible that the LCD went bad with the data intact. We also have another unit that is used for a similar application that may be read to get a functional program. Can anyone specify a method to get this new unit operating? Which configuration software am I supposed to use? Does anyone know where I can find a user manual for the display? (I think I found it - RF) Thanks, -Russ Edited by Agrajag

There are some basic differences betweeen the 2 units, though I do not have my manuals to recall what they are. Did you change the project to be for the new unit before downloading? I haven't touched an XBT in about 8 years, so don't recall the software settings.

I successfully found a copy of the XBTL1000 (available for free) software and built a cable [XBTZ915]. I was able to upload the program from the old unit and download it into the new unit (this required each unit to have the original EEPROM). Unfortunately though, the new unit will not work. The display will load the default application pages, but does not appear to be communicating and does not respond to key presses. The unit is connected to the PLC via MB+. However, there is not a MB+ protocol option available for either of the terminals. There is only Jbus, Modbus, Modicon-KS, Unitelway1, and Unitelway. Furthermore, attempts to import the program again from the original unit and another unit in use (same as original) is failing even though I believe I am perfoming the import the same way when I succeeded. Rough day with this one. We have a work-around in place that may become permanent. Regards, -Russ

you need a converter. I suppose you are connecting a Quantum, isn't it? Why MB+ ?? Anyway normally any plc with a MB+ port has a MB RTU port to which connect your HMI.

Neither of these XBT units has Modbus Plus on it. So there is no way it is connected to MB+, unless it is connected to an external converter. I bet if you look at the old program it is set for Modbus, not Modbus Plus. More information on how the units are cabled would be required for us to help. I would scrap these fossils and get a newer interface instead of putting so much effort into this legacy product.