Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nic6911

TECO DRIVE WITH PLC

3 posts in this topic

Hi. I have a TECO 7300CV with built in PLC. Now I have a serial programming cable and I'm also able to communicate with it through a pocket pc, an ipaq. So I need to make an HMI out of my ipaq. It must be able to set on of the preset counter values in the PLC and activate an input. It's that simple, or is it? I have tried to get Indusoft working, but I have no clue on how to get tags from the PLC into Indusoft, so that I can communicate with the PLC via Indusoft. I have read tutorials and watched video's... Is there anyone that could give me a hint? Or is there any other HMI programmin tool that would work? It must be able to run on windows CE/mobile. Regards Mogens

Mogens, To get values from the PLC (inverter) into InduSoft you must first select a driver. Then configure a driver worksheet. The driver worksheet is the place that PLC tags are associated to InduSoft tags. I looked at the documentation for the 7300CV and it appears to use Modbus via RS-485. It also looks to communicate other protocols but Modbus should be the most simple. Once you have installed the Modbus driver (named MODBU in InduSoft) into your application (found on the "Comm" tab), you will need to choose the Main Driver Sheet or Standard Driver sheet. The easiest is Main Driver Sheet. Here you will enter the InduSoft tag, then the station address of the PLC, then the I/O address within the PLC. The format of the I/O address will be something like 4x:1 (this is the same as holding register 400001), or 0x:1 (this is the same as coil 000001). You should be able to find a memory map in the TECO documentation After this step is complete you can use the InduSoft tag and (assuming you have good communications) it will represent the value from the PLC tag. Hope this helps. If you need further assistance, please contact InduSoft directly at info@indusoft.com. Scott Kortier Marketing Communications Manager InduSoft, Inc. www.indusoft.com

Thank's for the reply. I'm still a bit lost though... I'm not all that in to Hex, Bin, Oct and all that. I have the memory map documentation now. But I just don't know how to use it. I wan't to toggle two internal bit's and be able to set the counter preset value. As I see it the values are shown in HEX. I have newer worked with programming other than PLC-ladder and the rsview panel software, so I have no clue. I have attached the memory map. 7300CV_PLC_Function_ncode(E)_Memory_map.pdf