Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
success

Scada through E615

8 posts in this topic

Dear All I have two machines each with FX2n Plc and E615 terminal. each fx2n has rs485-bd connectd to various drives. Iwant to know whether is it possible to connect citect scada and communicate with both plcs through each E615s, if i use serial to ethernet converter on each rs232 port of E-615s. Thanks in advance

I don't think the SCADA can be connected to the HMI. I think it needs to be connected to the actual PLC. You can't add a serial port to the PLC, since it already has a BD board. Since they are FX2N, you also cannot add Ethernet, as it would go where the 485BD is. If you upgraded to FX3U you can add 2 serial options, or you can also add Ethernet on the right end of the PLC bus.

There's one solution (allthough not a good one): You can set up DualDrivers in the E615 and use DataExchange to shift data between the two serial ports. I would NOT recommend this, but it could be done. Go with Crossbow's suggestion!

Thanks for your response I think i need to connect device net or profibus modules to each plc to connect with scada.

Be careful with DeviceNet or Profibus, since FX2N can only be a slave on either of them. Something else will have to operate as network master. This is why I recommended upgrading to FX3U. It won't be much different in cost than a network module for each PLC and a master for the PC.

It has been years since I regularly worked with Mitsubishi and Beijers products, but does the E615 have transparent mode? If it does, could a SCADA system be hooked up through the 615? Again, it has been a while, so I am not sure if it could be done or not. I used to use transparent mode on the older Beijers products to use one RS232 port to program both the PLC and the HMI. Best of luck.

Transparent mode works for the programming software, not sure it would work for SCADA software.