Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Muhammad Daniyal

3-Element Control for boiler

12 posts in this topic

I want to designe 3-Element Control Loop for boiler in Mitsubishi FX2N. Kindly guide me to how to designe it from starting procedure.

What programming software do you use? GX Developer, GX IEC Developer or GX Works2?

Check out "FX3Punkt.exe" in this link: http://www.beijer.no/web/web_aut_no.nsf/docsbycodename/filearchive?OpenDocument&mylink=/web/BexFilePileAUT.nsf/fm.be.searchframe?openform&Lang=NO&DocID=989163F19AB4041CC125728E005AEEEC The documentation is in Norwegian, but the 3-point regulator is pretty simple. You can open the FB to see the source code, and modify it to your specific needs.

But this is not the 3-Element loop block. and language also not understandable. do u have any better solution

Hmm... probably the best solution you mean to obtain a ready program here.

Hi Muhammad, I have a set of function blocks for IEC Developer. They origonally came from the Beijer site http://www.beijer.ne...ame/filearchive but I must be having a mental black cant find the link. there is a 3 term controller with auto/manual and auto tune and it works well. If you give me an email address I will send the Zip. It is in English. After having a look at Inntele link 3 term funtion block is shown PIDFX.exe but it is not in English. It needs to be extracted and added to library. Edited by Cetronic

Dear Cetronic, Thank you for ascribed to me the merits of Kaare, whom Muhammad did not even thanked. In fact, the functional blocks of three-position regulator from Beijer too simple and is highly undesirable to use it in the boiler's automation. But Muhammad keep in mind even on these blocks, and blocks of PID control loops for the boiler. Actually these loops are not three, but four (water, fuel, air, pull). The work starts with building the mathematical model of the boiler and calculating the PID coefficients.

Thank your very much to all who are trying to achive my solution. Thanks again. Hi Centroni, mdaniyal@live.com.au this my email address. i only want how to start the loop from initial stage when boiler is ready to start up. either should we use ramp/soak function or just enter the setpoint and click on to Auto and water will start get in to the boiler drum, or maintain the water level manualy and then we start it from by Auto, What thoes strategies should i apply that can i run a boiler that thing i was asking you guys. if any body have an idea please share.

Hi Inntele, Thank you for advising and my Apologies to Kaare. Muhammad I have emailed the funtion blocks. I have used these in a number of burner control applications (not Boiler) with good results. However I would like point out that you should use Inntele advice and develope the Boiler model before employing a control strategy. In Australia all Boiler functions must be Failsafe and be unable to overide any of the main safety controls, indeed when the control philosphy is completed and there are a number of elements it must be held in ROM in the PLC to prevent any uncontrolled changes or forces. What size and type boiler are you controlling? The Boiler level control is normally a separate funtion in the overall control system. A plant Boiler would not normaly be started wilth the steam supply valve open. Do you have understanding of a Steam Boiler operation? if not you should definately employ the use of an expert in the area. Regards Edited by Cetronic

Thank you very much Cetronic, i get your advise and i also making the calculation plan for controling. hope you function block should help me in this way. My boiler is a WHRB and 18TPH Steam flow. the physical volium not much clear. and i get you point to follow. Thanks again for this effort. Regards.

Hi.

Can anyone from forum guide me how to use 3 element drum level control using mitsubishi fx3u plc.