Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dfwise

Alarm/Event Summary & History

4 posts in this topic

Hello All, I am using an Alarm/Event Summary & History object on a NS10 to display/log Alarms and Model Changeovers on a machine. The Alarm/Events always show up on the Alarm/Event Display whenever they occur but don't always show up on the Summary/History. Also, the NS seems to clear the history without being initialized. The initialize History box is unchecked when I go to upload/download and in the $SB allocation addressing Initialize Alarm/Event History the $SB +32 (w442.00 with my setup) is OFF. I do not want to save it to a CF card. I just want to log it in the Alarm/Event Summary & History object. Am I missing something? I have another NS that works the way I want but I can't seem to find the difference between the two.

Please zip the directory and post the project.
1 person likes this

155_Main_026.zip 155_Main_026_Project.zip
1 person likes this

I figured it out. There was a low level message repeating that filled up the ring buffer and overwrote all the other error messages in the history. It wasn't showing up in the alarm/event summary object but it was showing up in the setup screens under the special screens for alarm history. The other issue where it keeps deleting my history when I download is because my firmware revision isn't high enough to take advantage of the option to not intialize the alarm/event memory on downloads (I have 6.2, I think it said 6.6 or higher is needed).