Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
John Williams

RSLinx not recognizing PLC's

6 posts in this topic

I have a problem with the RSLinx on one of our computers not recognizing PLC's anymore, im trying to log a compact logix tag with RSview but RSLinx shows up the IP Address as a ? (or unrecognized device). I have a couple more PLC's already in and they show up right but now i get question marks when i try and add new ones. The new PLC is setup the same as the ones that are working also, any ideas what would be causing this? Edited by John Williams

Does Linx put the red X on the unknown device or does it show it without the X when Linx is browsing?

It shows a ? mark while its browsing, if i could add an attachment i could show you the screen shot, its a big yellow ?, it does however show a big red X for a few seconds then goes back to the ? Edited by John Williams

The yellow question mark means that it sees the PLC but it doesn't recognise it, probably due to its being a newer revision than the RSLinx you have. Get with AB for an update, usually free and available online. It may also be just a need for a new EDS file relating to the PLC.

Ok that worked guys, i had to install all five driver revisions but it works now, thanks alot