Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
plcspot

S5-100U CPU103 Cable amd Sofware for download ladder help

7 posts in this topic

S5-100U CPU103 Cable amd Sofware for download ladder help 1 .what cable can trasfer 2.what sofwre use for transfer 3.where i can buy cable and sofware thank

This company sells a quite good and not too expensive software for S5. "S5 for Windows". They also sell a USB/TTY adapter that is not too expensive. http://www.ibhsoftec-sps.de/english/first.htm Notice: If you want to upload the program from an old S5 machine, quite often parts of the program will be protected and cannot be uploaded. Just so that you are aware of this.

How does their S7 software compare with the actual Siemens software? I'm getting ready to purchase Step7, but it's pretty expensive. Not compared to AB, of course, but still.

I have only superficially glanced at IBH's software for the S7. It supports STL, LAD and FBD, but no GRAPH or SCL. It has an integrated simulator. Documentation looks a bit thin. I think it is a bargain for what you get. NB. I think the topic should have had its own thread.

Dear friend, on my opinion the better software is PG 2000 from process-informatik company. http://www.process-informatik.de/page/newhome?=en_ I use this soft for several years and I can tell you honestly is much better. At least try a demo version for comparison. More than that can be used also on S7 PLC... dekor.

www.fast-soft.com actually sells Windows-based software for S5.