Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Geir

V4.1 DVD download trouble

6 posts in this topic

When I try to download the new version 4.1 DVD ISO, I get a proxy server error. The CD version comes down smoothly, however. Is this a problem in the Omron server, or is it that this new version is too popular?

Same here. When I try to save the target file however without clicking it, it downloads a zip file 3.4 Kb... I used the contact form to notify it to them.

Hmm, thought I already had made another comment of this? Whatever, it appears that the CD version was not as smooth as I thought, two of the ISO files gave CRC errors when unpacking, but when I redownloaded them at school, they unpacked fine. Trying to install, however, the first CD was OK, but the second had a corrupt .CAB file, and the installation was aborted :(

Still struggling with this download, now the proxyserver error is gone, and I get a page with the ISO file split in 3, and a .bat file to reassemble it. When I try to download these, I seem to be getting approx 450 of the reported 950MB before Opera DLM reports download fail. IE also stops at 450, but gives no error message :(

Good news at last, now I have been able to download the ISO, reassemble it, unzip, burn and install on a spare Vista PC :)

Yeh, Looks like they changed from hosting the ISO files to hosting ZIP files. This should prevent any question of corrupt downloads as ZIP format includes its own CRC test whereas the ISO format (unbelievably) doesn't To quote HHGTTG: "Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem". BB