Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
T321MAP

PLC cable?

6 posts in this topic

Hi all, I hope someone can help a novice!! I am trying to learn to use some PLC's, so to start, i have bought a siemens S7-200 PLC. Also bought STEP 7 MICRO WIN software. What i need to know is what cable i now need to connect it to a laptop, then i can start to play. I have some training course books etc, but none tell me about the correct type of cable. Thnaks in advance

The S7-200 uses the Siemens PPI Cable. 6ES79013DB300XA0 is the part number for a USB cable 6ES79013CB300XA0 is the part number for the RS232 cable £90+ approx. Where in the UK are you?

Hi, Thanks for the reply. I am based in Batley, near Leeds. As I said, got the training course, ordered some books so ill get a cable and see what i can do!!

You may want to know At present the 200 is still current but siemens have bought out the 1200 now and it's better (IMO) and on the whole cheaper Also runs with very different software step7 basic

Hi, if you want to use RS232 port you may connect with S7-200 PLC using a simple RS485 converter. dekor.

Hi if you program with a laptop buy the USB cable, RS232 cannot be connected to laptop(at least i didn't succeed) Best Regards, Greg.