Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PLCs_R_Fun

Assistance required for PW recovery CJ1M

7 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I have seen a few topics posted about this here and there and I know I can't publicly speak about the solutions, however I would greatly appreciate some assistance in recovering a password from a CJ1M CPU-12. The OEM supplier is no longer in the industry and never left any information. The job is an urgent change required as an operator has broken his leg in 5 places (caught between a conveyer and machine frame). The process is not complicated and could easily be re-written, however from the companies POV it is the time the is critical. Appreciate any help I can get, Thank you :)

Do you have a copy of the original program? If Yes then the passwords should be accessible when you open the program in CX-One. If not then you are SOL. Password hacking is NOT a subject readily discussed in this forum. Maybe contacting OMRON directly might help!

Correct indeed, it is not discussed on the forum, hence the private message request :) There are no original programs on the site for any of the machinery, it's actually quite amazing. However that is my problem for now I guess. I have contacted OMRON, and for obvious reasons they cannot hand over that information directly. But I gathered it is possible and I know there are a lot of people out there smarter than me who have come across similar circumstances, so no point in re-inventing the wheel. I do understand people passwording new cutting edge technologies and advanced process calculations they have invested much time and personal glories when they are only working in that area of the industry, but a machine with 3 conveyors and a spiral wrapper seems a little pointless. Especially when you leave no information and are no longer available to the client. So I understand PW recovery, yes, seems vindictive or wrong looking from one aspect. In this case to me though, it seems more inappropriate to the client, I personally could not leave my client in that situation where they basically need to re-write a program to stop the conveyors latching and adding in a warning siren lol. But maybe that is just me. Thank you for you fast reply though, I apppreciate it :)

3 conveyors & a spiral wrapper sounds like relatively simple to re-write.... Especially by the time Omron you get the password (if indeed you do)

Lol, I agree. But every machine in the factory but 1 is protected and all need access for their on-site electrician. Plus the safety improvement will be focused on and implemented for all machines in the near future :) All good, there is always a way. Cheers

I cannot speak for how things work for Omron in Australia, but over here in the USA, it is a matter of simply signing a legal document that says that you own the legal rights to the code. Once that is done an Omron representative will break the password for you. It cannot be shared in any way outside of Omron or the password functionality is worthless. With the speed and efficiency of the internet, anyone would be able to find out how to do it.

From the Omron FAQ: Topic closed.