Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Firetubes

CS1W-EIP21 OR CS1W-ETN21

7 posts in this topic

I'm trying to spec out a system consisting of a CS1G-CPU45H CPU and I want it to be able to communicate with: 3 NS12-TS01B-V2 operator interface 1 Micro CP1L-L14DR-D with Ethernet adapter CP1W-ETN01-US Would either the CS1W-EIP21 or CS1W-ETN21 module allow me to do this on Ethernet? What I would also want to do sometimes is hookup my programming terminal and do online programming and troubleshooting at the same time. Is this possible or am I asking for too much? Thank you for any advice.

Either the CS1W-ETN21 or the CS1W-EIP21 would be able to support what you are doing. To communicate between the CS1 and the CP1L, you would use SEND and RECV instructions in the CS1 to read / write data in the CP1L. You would also be able to program the CS1 and CP1L across Ethernet. The only area of concern is the communications with the NS screens. Are they communicating with the CS1 only, or are they also communicating with the CP1L? The CP1W-ETN01-US has a limited number of buffers, so the typical suggestion is to have no more than 2 devices communictating through the adapter.

Thanks again PMCR! The NS screens only communicate with the CS1.

PMCR, I'm going to spec out the CS1W-EIP21 for this project. Also I am adding an NS8 for Micro CP1L. Do you see any problem with the CP1L interfacing with the NS8 and using SEND and RECV to talk to the CS1W-EIP21 wirelessly using the WE70? There's at most 10 words over wireless and about 40 tags with the NS8. Thanks for all the help.

From the NS / CS1 / CP1L on EtherNet, that will be OK. The CP1W-ETN01-US can handle comms to 2 devices. The CS1 will need to issue the SEND/ RECV instructions, as the CP1W-ETN01-US is only a comms slave. The only part that I am not familiar with is the config of the WE70 product. That is one that I have never used.

PCMR, thanks for your help on this project. Everything works out as designed. The WE70 wireless AP and client setup are similiar to the ones you would buy for your home so it wasn't hard to setup. No special setup like routing table and FINS. They're rugged with din rail mounting and 24VDC power so you can install them in control panels. Thanks again for your help.

Firetubes Thank you for the followup. I am glad to hear that it is working as you expected.