Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AJ Melb

FUS060 HART -> Modbus converter

3 posts in this topic

Hi all, I have a requirement to read Instantaneous Flow (easy) and Accumulated Flow (not so easy) from a Siemens FUS060 HART flowmeter. Instant flow can be read from PV or SV (depending on flowmeter config) - no problem there. The Moore Industries HCS device I'm using though, cannot request the Accumulated flow, which is in parameter 130, rather than a more accessible location. The gateway/converter needs to support: Send: 130,0 (Command 130, data length = 0) Response: 130,14 (data length in bytes), Totalizer forward (4 bytes), Totalizer reverse (4 bytes), Totalizer net (4 bytes). Has anyone come across a gateway that is a Modbus RTU slave (RS485 so I can multidrop a couple of them) and CAN retrieve this data? (it also must not insist on being the current source for the HART 4-20mA loop, as the flowmeter insists on being this) Regards AJ Something like THIS or THIS

Just learning about HART, so I may not be the best help, but Phoenix Contact has HART gateways. Is your PLC also Siemens?

Although this post is from 2010, I thought it would be beneficial to comment just in case anyone else had the same inquiry. AJ, I understand that you are looking for a HART gateway that converts to Modbus. Phoenix Contact does not offer this, however Endress+Hausers fieldgate seems to fit what you are looking for. In contrast, if you are looking for a wireless solution, Phoenix Contact does offer a solution using an adaptor and gateway. By adding a WirelessHART adaptor, the data can be sent over a WirelessHART network. A gateway can then be used to convert the WirelessHART to Modbus. Edited by Phoenix Contact USA