Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Stef_pen

a3acpu

7 posts in this topic

hi guys, i'm trying my hand on a mitsubishi plc model a3a cpu with 3 units ax41 , 2 units ay60, 2 units ay40, 1 unit ay13. I'm currently using gx developer iec 4.0 with the cable i brought from this site. i'm having problem configuring the i/o ? in the omron plc, i just go online and download the i/o table, but with the a3a , how can i download or register the i/o ? and how do i address the i/o? wats with the x's and y's ? also, where can i download a manual for the a3a? thanks guys

a3a cpu with 3 units ax41 , 2 units ay60, 2 units ay40, 1 unit ay13 The i/o assignement should be like this: Slot I/O number 0 = AX41 = 32input module = X00--X1F Slot I/O number 1 = AX41 = 32input module = X20--X3F Slot I/O number 2 = AX41 = 32input module = X40--X5F Slot I/O number 3 = AY60 = 16out module = Y60--Y6F Slot I/O number 4 = AY60 = 16out module = Y70--Y7F Slot I/O number 5 = AY40 = 16out module = Y80--Y8F Slot I/O number 6 = AY40 = 16out module = Y90--Y9F Slot I/O number 7 = AY13 = 32out module = YA0--YBF Bye Max

The X addresses are input bits. The Y addresses are output bits. You'll also see M which are internal bits, and D which are words.

When you create new project and select proper cpu, go to parameter settings > I/O assignment and configure it like suggested. All you have to choose is type of IO (input, output or special) and how many points are occupied by each card. Manuals can be downloaded from www.meau.com. Reed some of the treads in this forum for more information (there is plenty to learn so be patient...). Edited by panic mode

thanks guys So with the mitsu plc , i have to input the i/o maually, unlike with the omron plc? and if i have an 16 out module in the slot number 0 , the address should be Y00--Y0F? and how come from slot 3 to slot 7 the corresponding address is Y600, Y70, Y80,Y90,YA0, and not Y60, Y80, YA0, YC0, YE0? Slot I/O number 0 = AX41 = 32input module = X00--X1F Slot I/O number 1 = AX41 = 32input module = X20--X3F Slot I/O number 2 = AX41 = 32input module = X40--X5F Slot I/O number 3 = AY60 = 16out module = Y60--Y6F Slot I/O number 4 = AY60 = 16out module = Y70--Y7F Slot I/O number 5 = AY40 = 16out module = Y80--Y8F Slot I/O number 6 = AY40 = 16out module = Y90--Y9F Slot I/O number 7 = AY13 = 32out module = YA0--YBF Also, after powering up the plc, i have a message on the front panel that says missing end ins, and the all the error leds is lit up? and the run led is blinking. how can i clear the error? thanks again for the assistance

Also in Mitsu plc you don't need everytime to configure I/O modules. My configuration is an example how you have to use your input/out address if you install the I/O modules from slot 0 to slot 7 like your example. With GX developer or Medoc you can write immediately the plc program after install the i/o modules. If you have 16 out module on slot 0 the address will be Y00-Y0F. On slot 3 to slot 6 you have 16 point modules and on slot 7 you have 32point module, so the address will be like my configuration. On Mitsu An/QnA/Q series modular plcs all the i/o address are in exadecimal, except on FX compact plc. Probabily the message you have after plc powering up is caused by plc program memory empty. Try to write a program with end instruction, do reset of cpu by key and it should clear the error. Hope everything was clear bye Max