Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Muhammad Daniyal

Omron C-series PLC system Power disturbance

10 posts in this topic

i am working on the Chiller of an Oil Refinery, Omron SYSMAC C200HE-CPU42-E with the 3-I/O modules and 1 Temperature modules installed in their panel. In Running Suddenly the Power Fluctuation started in its CPU and its modules, while its Power supply and rest of the Panel component's Power remains stable. could it be the problem of Power supply unit or Back-plane. any one give me suggestion how could be the creating problem. or this problem created by other means.

My first question would be what has changed at the installation.

It has been 10 years since I touched an Omron, but C200H was "state of the art" around Y2K if memory serves so this equipment would have some age to it I think -- right?

Nothing to installed or update yet in hardware or software. the system is running since as it was installed with the Chiller Unit, and few days before the PLC system creating some problem of Power Fluctuation in the modules and CPU, while the Power going to Power Supply of the PLC (C200HW-PA204S) is stable. sometime the PLC runes in normal condition in many hours or may be many days but then it again start to create power disturbance in CPU and modules. I think it may be the fault in the Power Supply who is not distributing the proper voltage in the base unit or may be the base unit also defected, however these hardware are not distributes the power in the modules. What do u think for it, am i correct or there should be any other reason for this fault.

You could try to take the CPU and units off the rack and check the backplane for signs of bad contact/moisture/corrosion. Perhaps clean with pressurised instrument air. Next I would replace the power supply as you state yourself if looks like it is the source of your problems. Could very well be it is dying slowly. For instance CQM1 power supplies are know to go bad after about 7 years. Especially when ambient temperature is high.

I second PDL's post. Backplane corrosion. Recently had similar problem with C200 system in Brazil installed in plant with minimal A/C. Amazingly the Power supply, CPU and I/O were not affected!!

I have done every thing like cleaning and apply pressure air that u suggest in your post, but the same problem. let i am going to replace the hardware and then check it again. see how it will give me results.

If you change all the hardware at once, how will you ever know what is the root cause?

I am not doing to replace all hardware at once, Just only Base unit and Power supply. If the problem exists then try to replace CPU and so on...

Good plan!