Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
akvotek

Data Access Error

4 posts in this topic

Good day all, We are using a MicroLogix 1100 with a Panel View Component C600. We are using a serial cable to communicate between the two and we get the following error: "2: Data Access Error for Alias XXXX, Controller PLC-1, Address in XX:X, Communication Flag is 0" Now, I've tried pretty much anything I can think of. Changing nodes, changing protocols, etc. And nothing gives. I have a feeling I have the settings all wrong. Did any of you have the same issue? I'm at a loss of how to fix this. This is a new installation, so it's not like the system worked before and now it doesn't. Thanks in advance for any advice you can share. Kindly, Alan

How about the communication parameter changes in the PView? Either the PLC or the PView do not want to communicate with each other? Are you using a serial cable or a DF1 cable? You can turn a serial cable into a DF1 cable with a null modem and a pair of gender changers. A DF1 cable will have 2 female ends, whereas a serial cable will have a male end and a female end. If you have the proper DF1 cable, can you use it to communicate with the PLC? Old DF1 and serial cables are notorious for pinched wires (diagnose the failure then cut up the failed cable before trashing it; I have seen way too many bad cables rescued from the trash to become another troubleshooting match later). BTW - I hate, HATE, anything from the component series.

hi i am using compact logix 5370 with CCW, everything seems working fine.

but i am getting errors  2: Data Access Error for Alias XXXX, Controller PLC-1, Address in XX:X, Communication Flag is 0. rest of the things are working fine. i checked the PLC is powered up, Ethernet connected. HMI powered up. And i tried to check the alarm associated with the errors i am getting the alarms are working fine too.

Can anybody help me with that.

Where is the error being generated, in the CompactLogix 5370?  When did this problem occur (new build or existing machine)?