Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Conor

PLC 2 files?

5 posts in this topic

Hi all, I just got an e-mail from my big boss about .PR1 and .DA1 files. I think that the files come from an Allen Bradley PLC 2, but can someone confirm. Now for the good bit. How can I open these files? I take it that the PLC 2 worked on a DOS programming enviroment. I have 5, 500 and 5000 software. Thanks Conor

The DOS software was a major upgrade in the PLC-2 world ! The originals used a dedicated-purpose programming terminal and a tape cartridge recorder. .DA1 is the Data Table file, and .PR1 is the Processor Memory file. These file extensions were from the "6200-PLC2" programming software, which was the first PLC-2 program built by Allen-Bradley for DOS. Later programs included a package from Taylor Software and from ICOM, which became the more popular "AI-2" package. None of this software is sold any longer, and A-B provides support for these old controllers only on a contract basis or via their field engineering group (which I work for). Post these two files and I'll see if I can open them and do a printout of the ladder logic. It won't have any descriptions or comments; those are stored in separate files that all end in a $ character (.AC%, .B0$, etc.). Does the boss intend that you will be modifying or troubleshooting a PLC-2 controlled system, or using it as the basis for a migration to a modern controller ?

As far as I know they are looking to migrate to a modern controller. I will try and get the files and post them on.

Hi, can anyone help me open PLC 2 files? I was quite jubilant when I found a floppy with them.  Ask me about the alkaline battery back up on the PLC (two D cells) after 20 years! : )

DV_ORIGN.LDS

DV_ORIGN.OUT

DV_ORIGN.IO

DV_ORIGN.RFT

DV_ORIGN.RAD

DV_ORIGN.HDS

DV_ORIGN.CTY

DV_ORIGN.CNT

DV_ORIGN.BKD

DV_ORIGN.DAT

CONFIG.SYS

DV_ORIGN.INF

AUTOEXEC.BAT

DV_ORIGN.SAD

DV_ORIGN.AVD

COMMAND.COM

DV_ORIGN.DES

DV_ORIGN.RDS

DV_ORIGN.XRF

ANSI.SYS

TIMER.COM

DV_ORIGN.CDS

DV_ORIGN.PTR

DV_ORIGN.BAK

DV_ORIGN.PRG

DV_ORIGN.CRD

We have a bunch of PLC2s running, but we use a different software package from a 3rd party that won't import your files.  Hopefully someone will stumble into this who can help you out.