Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pmmdavid

How To communicate citect and SLC 503

7 posts in this topic

Hello all, how to communicate SLC 503 and citect scada? please guide me cos i am new and creating citect programs by following citect quick start manual. after i read manual and driver help from Citect but i still confused and didn't succeded yet. please help me. Thanks in advance,

What is a SLC503? What kind of protocoll can you use? serial communication? maybe if you tell us your setup it might be easier! :)

His PLC is an Allen Bradley SLC503 processor. The citect driver help is quite extensive, I suggest that he reads this a little more and then come back with informed questions..

Hello All, i try to connect citect with allen bradley SLC503 by using ABDF1 port. but still confused and didn't sucess in communication. please guide me. p.s i am using RSlinx Classic v 2.54. Thanks in Advance, pmmdavid

By ABDF1 port, I assume you mean the nine pin serial port on the SLC 5/03? That port can be configured a number of ways. It can be switched between system and user (ASCII). The system mode has several options too. Also, the baud rate and error checking method can be altered. Look at the channel configuration in RSLinx or If you can post the .rss file that is running on the SLC then we can help you further. The other port on the 5/03 is for DH485.

Hello Dear, Please Kindly take a look and advise me. when i want to connect citect and slc 503, i need to shut down RSLINX. otherwise port conflict and slc 503 need to reset. if i shut down, nothing special and cannot detect when i press button from citect PC. Citect programs is created by following citect quick start manual as i am new user. please untitled.bmp CITECT testing.RSS

Hi, I think you need RSLinx Professional or I think RSLinx oem to communicate with allen bradley plc's. Please find attatched pdf Regards Citect_V6.10_ABRSLINX_driver_help.pdf