Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wiwie

Auto Start Up RSView Runtime

3 posts in this topic

I want to run RSView32 files when windows start up without the need to press RUN PROJECT icons on RSView, so after the turn on Computers, Computers can directly receive data from the PLC without user operation. For anybody who understand about this, please help me, what settings should I do, thanks

Where do you have the mer file? is it in the default location? Here is what we do as we do this all the time. We keep the mer file in a folder in this location: C:/OP We use a startup batch file in the start menu to start RSVIEW and point to the location where the mer file is kept.

Copied and pasted from RSVIEW32 user manual. I hope doing this is ok. If not someone please remove. Note: when you are adding the project path make sure it is all on one line. In the manual it looks like it should be on 2 seperate lines but if you do this it will not work it I remember right. Running a project automatically You can set up a project to run automatically when Windows starts. 1. Click the Start button on the Windows task bar, point to Settings, and then click Taskbar or click Taskbar & Start Menu. 2. Click the Start Menu Programs tab or Advanced tab. 3. Click Add. 4. Type the path to RSView32 or click Browse and locate RSView32. Add the project name and the /r parameter to the command line. For example, for a project called Norm’s Bakery, you would type the following on the command line: “C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSView\RSView32.exe” “C:\Norm’s Bakery\Norm’s Bakery.rsv” /r If the path contains spaces, you must enclose it in double quotes. The /r parameter must be outside the quotes. 5. Click Next. 6. In the Select Program Folder dialog box, select the StartUp folder. 7. Specify a name for the shortcut. 8. Click Finish. For more information, see your Windows documentation.