Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
panic mode

SMC on CC-Link

3 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, I just got involved with project that must have CC-Link network which is not a problem. Problem is that one of the slaves (EX500-GMJ1 by SMC) doesn't work. The common sense troubleshooting didn't help: - wiring is correct (they have different pinouts for v1.0 and v1.1) - node nuber is correct (current cut-cut version is only master and GW where master is 0 of course and the GW is 1) - baud rate is correct (both set to lowest setting for now) - parameter setting is correct (according to SMC manual GMJ always must be set to 3-stations) The rest of the network is all Mitsubishi and works fine no matter what I do to it. I was using EX500 setup on DeviceNet and AB RemoteI/O. Never had problem. Same with CC-Link. So far both SMC and Mitsubshi are quite lost. They both agree that everything is ok and have no suggestion or experience with other party's product. Local SMC usually deals with DNet or Profibuss versions and so far they have not seen the version for CC Link. I will get proably tomorrow similar unit which is just single station (EX126). We'll see how that goes. Meanwhile, if anyone has any ideas, please share them with me. Thank you

I don't know what to suggest Panic other than maybe try relocating the problem unit physically. Not sure if it's feasable in your setup but if you could swap it somewhere else??? If nothing else you've eliminated the possibility of a cabling shortcoming or something like that. Perhaps it has a marginal capability of some sort that will be okay elsewhere. Maybe just move it and run some temp cable on the floor for a test.

Hi Jim, Thanks for help... After some sleep it was actually very simple to find. Just had to retrace everything to a false station type in parameters. I forgot to change it from something default like "Remote I/O device" to "Remote device". It's a bullet proof terminology, how could I miss it?