Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
brdnolan

Help - Energy consumption

8 posts in this topic

Hi! I own a building which is big enough to form more (4-5) shops that I would let out later. I'd like to measure the energy consumption of the different shops separately. As I have been looking for solution I have found this Konsys ltd which has a software called AVReporter. Do U know it? Do U think it would be useful 4 me. Or was it planned to serve much bigger factories? Thanks! Brad

Have you got power meters fitted to the supplies already ? I would suggest that this should be your starting point, then you can decide what software you want to use from there I dont know anything about Konsys, Schneider are very strong in this area you could take a look at the their products: http://global.powerlogic.com/?setCountry=IE Specifically powerview, it will integrate with their power meters well: http://global.powerlogic.com/products/software/PowerView/ PS: I dont work for them

Helo! I use the AVReporter Basic Edition. In my opinion that It is a good solution for your requirements. Anyway this software can create billing for sub-tenants. If this feature is not neccesery for you then Lite Edition is enough. It is cost effective solution. I hope this kind of app you looking for. Regards, Terry

How can I download the AVReporter software? Thanks!

Square D power meters are kind of pricey. Check out Electro Industries... www.electroind.com Their basic Shark 100 sounds like it does most if not all of what you want. You can buy it pretty inexpensively at www.powermeterstore.com for around $500-$1500 depending on how many whiz-bangs you order. The "level 3" on the basic models gives you kwhr and kVAh. Check out the Shark 100-S as well which does Wifi so you don't need cabling. On the above web site they sell it for $700 per meter. Depending which of the Sharks you buy (100/200/500), it even had a built-in web server so you didn't even need software for data logging at all. I don't work for them. They have just never failed to impress me everywhere I installed one. Alternatively if you don't want permanently installed equipment, there are a couple choices Fluke sells. The Fluke 43B is a pseudo-three phase power quality/logging meter. It is actually a single phase instrument but if you make the assumption that your power is reasonably balanced (and it's 3-phase), the 43B works by measuring just 1 voltage and 1 current, and it's a little cheaper. Otherwise there's the Fluke 1735 which is a true full 3 phase power quality/data logger. Similar instruments are available from other manufacturers with the usual discounts when you aren't paying for the Fluke name.

Hy! The Company has a webshop, after registration the software can be downloaded from here: http://www.konsys-international.com/shop/ regards. T. :)

You may also want to look at Siemens Energy meters, not the cheapest but really good and link easily to a seimens BMS (Building Management System)