Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dave

Logix5000 Function Block Editor

3 posts in this topic

I am using RS Logix5000 17.01.00 CPR9 SR1 and wish to use the PIDE enhanced PID instruction. I understand that this has to be configured using function block editor but I don't see that option when I try to create a new program in my periodic tasks routine. If I copy a PIDE block across from someone else's sample program, it appears greyed out and says I don't have that language installed. I have searched the Rockwell site without success for information about how to install the FBD editor. Is it a bolt-on addition to Logix5000, or a higher version than the one I have? As usual, it is a rush job and I just need a quick way of configuring three PIDE blocks and ideally the means to autotune them in a baking oven application. Thanks for any pointers, guys.

Hi Dave, RSLogix 5000's languages are modular; the Standard edition includes only relay ladder logic, and you can add licenses for the Function Block Diagram, Structured Text, and Sequential Function Charts individually or as a bundle. If a language is "grayed out", the license isn't installed on your PC. The actual editor programs are installed, just not activated. Autotune is another add-in. Ovens and other long period loops are awfully hard to auto-tune.... I would take a shot at it without an autotuner. Rockwell Software's order-fulfillment system is experiencing growing pains; if you're in a rush, you're better off contacting RA's service group and having them rent you a license or have the sales guys get you a Temporary License that will run for a week while the ordinary license works its way through ordering and fulfillment. The various Editions of RSLogix 5000 and the part numbers for the modular languages are laid out well here: http://tinyurl.com/83rlb