Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Duffanator

One of my projects on Mitsubishi's Website

7 posts in this topic

Check this out, it's pretty cool. http://www.meau.com/Files/Case_Study_-_Mea...Application.PDF

Cool.

It's still there... the link is not valid because the links at meau.com have a large number identifying the document number. This one points to the Files directory, which is only a temporary storage location. I had the same problem when i tried to link to manuals over there, and was told you must use the long numeric link. Here it is... http://meau.com/functions/dms/getfile.asp?ID=045000000000000001000005831500000

The article claimed to have paid for the system in 8 hours of production. It took a month to do the job also according to the article. So... by my reckoning and with the hind sight of 20-20, putting on a business hat here, I wonder if we all get caught up and excited with the prospect of solving a problem, getting paid for it and walking away, whereas the entrepreneur would possibly look at the job and the costs, and analyze the possible savings that the end user might benefit and then offer the proposal to either ask for a minimal amount upfront and then take a % of the savings over a 2-3 year period or rent the solution based on the savings as well. Just a thought....

Well.... you can't ask for a percentage over a year period when you work for the company I did that project in house and one of the goals was to save the company money. Trust me, I've thought of going out on my own plenty of times but I don't have the resources to do that right now. Besides, I like doing what I do. How many companies have an in-house Electronics and Systems department to create and overhaul new and existing equipment? And it was a month total, not just working on this project but also working on others and doing breakdowns so that's not too bad at all. Probably could have done it in a week if I could have worked on it 100% of the time. But we all know that never works.

And fancy that for a coincedence; Your plant is in Hatfield PA and mitsubishi UK headquarters are in Hatfield UK.